Photography Podcasts

This last month, I've been having fun scouring through all the photography podcasts available. I think I have finally narrowed down the list down to three that I will continue to listen to:

1) The Digital Photography Show - A general photography podcast which covers photography tips and tricks. They also have many great interviews, those with Scott Kelby are my favorite.

2) The Pro Photo Show - This podcast has been invaluable to me during this phase of my business. Host Gavin Seim covers many aspects of the photography business from the viewpoint of a wedding photographer. He also does general photography news. Great show overall.

3) Tips From the Top Floor - General photography tips and info. Warning! Themes song is
likely to stick in your head for days.

I have long been addicted to podcasts, some of my favorite non photography related shows are:

1) Diggnation - Two guys + beers + news = Good Times

2) Pottercast - I am not embarrassed to say that I am a HUGE Harry Potter Fan:)

3) Piano Puzzler - Host Bruce Adolphe rewrites a song in the style of a famous composer. Guests must identify the song and the composer. I love name that tune!

8 comments:

I didn't know photography podcast existed! So I'm new to the whole podcast thing. Where does one find these podcasts if I may ask?

December 11, 2007 at 6:09 PM  

Hey Bekah! I know they're pretty awesome! You can get to the shows either by clicking on the links in my post that go to their direct websites, or you can search for them in the itunes store in the podcast section. They are all of course free. There are tons of shows archived so have fun listening!

December 11, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

Thanks so much! I can't wait to listen to them! The links on your blog won't work for me so I'll search them on itunes. Are all the podcasts you posted about photography?
Thanks again!
By the way, I love the photo of you in your profile. You're pretty! I've tried taking mirror pics and I can't seem to pull them off.

December 11, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

Thanks for the heads up about the links! I think I've got them fixed. Just the first three on the list are about photography.

It took me about 100 shots to get my avatar! Thanks for the compliment:)

December 11, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

Your blog is so cool! I am so proud of you Jen...the pictures are beautiful! I just wanted to link you to this website for some additional photography research www.altf.com (my friend Anna's wedding photographer). TTYS!

December 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

Love Tips from the Top Floor! ...
I too have other podcast addictions... however now I'll have to listen to a couple of yours that you listed - especially the beer+news one...

thanks. -E

December 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM  

Wow girl!! You have been doing some research!! Hey if you ever wanna come and help shoot an e-session call me up :) I ahve some coming up!

Michelle Pearson

December 15, 2007 at 12:07 AM  

It was great to meet you at lunch - thanks for these podcast tips...I will check them out. Keep in touch.

December 16, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive